Routine Diet Plan (For Everyone)
A unique, healthy, nutritious diet plan for all according to Ayurveda
Follow the below-mentioned tips to choose the right eating habits :
- Eat between sunrise and sunset
- Breakfast like a king | Lunch like a prince | Dinner like a beggar
- Food should be Satvik – i.e it should be full of nutrition, like fruits, vegetables, nuts dairy products & legumes. According to Ayurveda, there are 3 types of food – Satvik, Rajsik & Tamsik. Rajsik – Achar, Chutney, Hot spicy processed food. Tamsik – stale food, fried, heavy
- Food should be seasonal local, fresh & tasty.
- Ushapaan with 1 lt. warm water necessary.
- According to Ayurveda, don’t eat according to time, eat only when the previous meal is digested.
- Eat according to your Prakriti, hunger, physical activity, area, traditions.
- The meal should include all six rasa – sweet, salty, sour, bitter, astringent, pungent. Start your meal with a sweet taste.
- Food should be eaten with happy mind concentration, slowly chewing well, in a sitting position.
- Two parts of solid food, one part with liquid and one part of the stomach should be empty.
- Some water can be taken with meals slowly sip-sip. 45 minutes before meals and 90 minutes after meals water should be taken.
- Food should be eaten within 3 hours of cooking.
- Buttermilk (takr, chhach, mathha) and paan should be taken post meals. Milk should be taken after sunset.
- After meals walk for some time or sit in Vajrasan for 15 minutes.
- Radish, banana, curd and cucumber are prohibited after sunset.
- Anaj like rice should be consumed after one year of production, Moong daal among daals is the best and easily digestible. Green leafy vegetables are heavy and difficult to digest and should not be consumed at night.
- Some food combinations are prohibited in Ayurveda. Some of them are:
- Salt with milk or tea
- Fish and milk
- Udad and curd
- Sour fruits with milk
- Honey in warm water
- Honey and ghee in equal quantities
- Sendha Namak instead of table salt, desi khand instead of sugar, Desi gau ghrit is necessary in the diet
- If your digestion is weak take 1 slice of ginger with black salt half an hour before meals.
Start Your Day (5 to 6 AM)
1. One liter water in copper vessel.
2. Tulsi leaves or tulsi drops in some water / Amla, Aloevera juice for weight loss / Baans ka murabba for weight gain / soaked dry fruits / Coconut Water(Nariyal paani) / Thandai in summers
Breakfast (8 to 9 AM)
Fruit curd(only sweet fruits not citrus), with little sugar and salt OR juice with any of the following options:
- Poha with vegetables, nuts, Bhuna Chana powder,
- Murmure with Dry Fruits, Bhuna Chana
- Sabudana with Dry Fruits, Peanuts
- Multiveg Rice with Curd
Breakfast should be nutritious
Day Snack (11 am)
Sattu / Bel Sharbat / Angur Sharbat
Lunch (1 to 2 PM)
Roti, sabji, dal, Rice with chhach
Lunch should be heavy
Evening Snack (4 PM)
Plenty of water / Ayurvedic Tea / Fruits / Soup
Dinner (7 to 8 PM)
Dal, brown rice, seasonal veg, roti with ghee, papad
Day Snack (11 am)
Milk at night